Safety Tips & Advice
Here are some important tips and safety reminders from Westchester Garage Door Center.
- Do not let children play around the garage or play with door controls.
- Always keep the people, pets and objects away from moving door until it is completely closed. Never cross the path of a moving garage door.
- Test the door operator monthly. The garage door must reverse on contact with a 2-4 inch high object on the floor. If the door doesn’t stop and reverse after contact with the object, disconnect the operator and use the door manually until the operator will be repaired by Westchester Door Center, Inc.
- When possible, use the emergency release only when the door is closed. Use caution
- When using this release with the door open. Weak or broken springs are capable of increasing the rate of door closure and can cause severe injury or death.
- Keep garage doors properly balanced. An improperly balanced door increases the risk of severe injury or death. Have Westchester Door Center, Inc. to inspect door cables, spring assemblies and other hardware.